Children’s Emergency Dentist in Charlottesville VA
Is your child experiencing sudden pain in their mouth or suffering a dental emergency? Call (434) 817-1817 to schedule an appointment.
For established patients on record, we offer after-hours appointments by calling (434)-270-0552. We’re available for emergencies late in the evening or during the weekend.
While most dental issues can be taken care of at a routine dental appointment, there are certain dental problems that should not wait. This includes teeth that have been knocked out and severe oral pain.
At Children’s Dentistry of Charlottesville, we are your family’s dental health partner and we are here for you through thick and thin. We know that dental problems don’t always happen at an opportune time and offer children’s emergency dentist appointments that will get you help ASAP.
Our Children’s Emergency Dentists Can Help With…
- Painful toothaches
- Jaw and mouth pain, swelling, or abscesses
- Chipped, damaged, or knocked out teeth
- Accidents involving your child’s mouth (commonly a sports-related injury)
- Baby dental emergencies
“I have been taking my daughter here for several years and now I take my toddler as well. How my daughter and son are treated always makes me feel comfortable with bringing my children back for a visit. Staff is always very friendly and understanding.”
— Marisol R.
What to Expect During your Emergency Dentistry Appointment
Emergency dentistry appointments are just like any other dental appointment, but scheduled to get your child in quickly to start treating whatever they’re experiencing.
- Give us a call as soon as you determine that something is wrong with your child. We’ll schedule you ASAP. Depending on availability and the severity of the issue, this could mean the same day or in the following day or two.
- Once in our office, you’ll speak to your emergency dentist and describe the issues your child is experiencing. They’ll conduct a thorough examination, which will likely include taking x-rays.
- Your dentist will explain their diagnosis and together you’ll decide on your child’s next course of action. There will be plenty of time to have your questions and concerns answered.
- If possible, your child will be treated then and there. If not, we’ll schedule an appointment within the next couple days and offer a short-term pain reduction solution for your child.
We Accept Most Insurance & Medicaid
We believe every child should have access to the best dental care possible. Our children’s emergency dentists proudly accept Medicaid and many other insurance plans, including those from:
- United Concordia
- Delta Dental
Meet Our Doctors & Staff
We believe that all people are special and that patients are more than just a set of teeth. Everyone deserves to be shown kindness, dignity, respect, and compassion – our passion is serving children!
Emergency Dentistry FAQ
Do I need to be an existing patient to schedule an emergency dentist appointment?
You do not! For emergency appointments during normal business hours, we accept any patient whether they have worked with us before or not. For after-hours emergency appointments, we only accept patients with an existing history who are on file with our practice.
Are emergency dentistry appointments covered by insurance?
While exact insurance coverage will depend on your plan and the care needed, emergency appointments are generally covered at least partially.
Do you offer sedatives and medication if my child is in pain?
Of course! Our emergency dentist for kids offer multiple sedation options for children. We typically recommend nitrous oxide, commonly referred to as laughing gas for anxious kiddos that are needing emergency services. While we do offer oral sedation, IV sedation and general anesthesia, these are not routinely used to provide emergency services since these require an empty stomach. However, we can offer those treatments to provide corrective or restorative treatment for dental emergencies if they are necessary and scheduled appropriately. These services will help not only ease any pain from a procedure, but also offer relief for any dental anxiety they might be experiencing.
Learn More About Our Complete Offering of Dental Services
Children’s Dentistry of Charlottesville
Address: 1470 Pantops Mountain Pl Ste 1 Charlottesville, VA 22911 (Click for Directions)
Hours: Mon-Thur: 8AM-5PM | Fri: 8AM-4PM
Phone: (434) 260-6836
Fax: (434) 817-1819