Dental Cleanings FAQ
Are dental cleanings covered by insurance?
Exact insurance coverage will always depend on your specific plan, but preventive care such as dental cleanings and oral exams are commonly covered.
How often do children need dental cleanings?
We recommend most children get a dental cleaning every 6 months. However, if your child needs more extensive treatment, they may need more frequent cleanings.
My child has special needs and has trouble at the dentist. Can you still perform a dental cleaning?
Our dentists are experienced with and enjoy providing dental cleanings for children who have special needs, including kids with Down Syndrome, cerebral palsy, children on the autism spectrum, and those who suffer from dental anxiety.
What should I do to prepare for my child’s dental cleaning?
Preparing for a dental cleaning appointment is simple.
- Be prepared to let us know about any sudden changes in your child’s health (such as developing a cold or flu)
- Come with a list of any questions and concerns you may have about your child’s health
If your child may need nitrous oxide or another form of sedation dentistry, please:
- Be ready to discuss your child’s complete medical history with their dentist
- Provide a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications your child is taking
- Bring a favorite toy or blanket for your child to help relieve anxiety